Surgical Monitoring Services (SMS) LAB-NIOM at Memorial Hermann Orthopedic and Spine Hospital is a training program, designed for the electrophysiology professional wishing to pursue a career in NIOM. SMS offers clinical experience in an accredited lab.
The purpose of the Laboratory Accreditation Board of ABRET is to recognize, through an objective peer review process, Neurophysiologic Intraoperative Monitoring Laboratories that comply with established guidelines, have policies and procedures in place that meet its standards of care, and support professionalism and quality patient care.
More information on ABRET
- Bachelor degree or higher in a life science and/or ABRET registration in EEG or Evoked Potentials.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Training Program Details
- 12-month face to face, hands on training program, in a clinical environment
- All candidates are supervised by a board certified Clinical IONM Specialist in addition to our board certified Neurologist.
March 30th for July Class
Our training program can be modified to meet the candidate's specific needs
12-month Training Program Tuition Includes:
- All required textbooks
- NIOM/Neurophysiology educational webinars
- Monogrammed SMS scrubs
- Student membership in ASET
- Provided liability insurance during the program duration
- 150 supervised cases obtained for ABRET CNIM board eligibility requirements.
*Please call for tuition information*
SMS Training Modules
Essential Performance Requirements
Board Review Registration
For more information please contact:
|Dave Allison, PhD, CNIM, R. EP T|
Director of Education and Training
© Copywrite 2016 Surgical Monitoring Services. All rights reserved.